Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Temporary satisfaction with lasting results

Is cheating ever good? I mean cheating in relationships normally results in the end of the relationship. So why should cheating on diets be any different?

Cheating on diets typically have similar results-The end of the diet.

However, there are those rare cases, i.e. in relationships, when the cheating partner is forgiven. The couple works it out. And perhaps cheating makes the relationship stronger.

So in dieting, does cheating make you stronger?

I do not have the answer to that, but I can tell you, for the past couple days, I have cheated. I had an M&M blast from Sonic Tuesday & a Reese's blast from Sonic Today (Wednesday).

Now, I could blame mother nature and my monthly gift for the sweet cravings. But no one likes excuses.

Here's my weekly weigh-in results. This is from 10am today (Wednesday), the morning after the first Sonic blast and the morning of the second Sonic blast.

Down another pound!

And please excuse those monster calves. And the sock. And the plunger.

OH! And on top of cheating, I didn't go to the gym Tuesday or Today (Wednesday). I don't know about other women, but when I'm getting a visit from Aunt Floe, I don't want to do ANYTHING! Especially workout.

Oh, right, excuses. Nobody loves 'em, but we sure do allow them to move right in on our lives and settle in.

I think it's time to change up my diet. Perhaps I'm getting bored with what I'm eating. Or maybe I just wanted that temporary satisfaction of eating something with lasting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment