Saturday, February 20, 2010

Be prepared

If you're dieting.. it's good to be prepared.

Me, for example, I work 12 hour shifts on the weekend. So in the morning before work, I make sure to prepare my meals for the day. Otherwise, I'd be leaving work to go get fast food, hanging out at the vending machine or chomping on snacks people bring in. (Remember how I said in the news industry.. there's ALWAYS food?)

And really, the best way to stay full throughout the day is eat 5 meals. Don't *they* always say that? Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & 2 snacks?

So this is what I do on my weekends:
On my way to work (9am), I drink my slimrite drink-190 calories , around 11am, eat a 100-calorie slimfast snack bar, around 1pm eat a sandwich with apples & peanut butter (2 tablespoons max), around 4pm/5pm drink the float-like, ensure/diet soda concoction-250 calories & loaded with vitamins. Around 6pm/7pm eat a lean cuisine meal (they are usually around 300-400 calories).

And I keep a bottle of water on hand, which I refill throughout the day. Of course, you can never get enough water.

It works for me but I'm not saying it'd work for you.

I've come to realize that if you're doing a diet you hate or you're tempted to cheat all the time, then it's not the right diet for you. If you have trouble, try taking it slow at first.. cutting out fast food meals, sodas, sweets. Can't cut them out completely? Try cutting back. Diets should be a lifestyle change. Not a tourcherous way of living.

Remember, I'm not expert. Just letting you know what I've experienced in my struggles with weight-loss.

BTW, I had planned to wake up and go to the gym before work this morning, but after my alarm went off at 6:30am and my throat was on fire, I decided it best not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment