Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's a new day!

Five o'clock in the morning. I awake to take my best friend and roommate to the airport. He's moving on. To Los Angeles, California. To bigger and better things.

The days preceding his departure were rough. I managed to torture myself by listening to sad songs like "I'm Moving On" & "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Normally I do not partake in country music, but Rascal Flatts is one of his favorites. So I shed my sad tears, I said my goodbyes and off to LA he goes.

And stuck in Memphis I am.

I thought I would be more distraught than what I was. He'd been my roommate for almost four years. And yes I will miss him dearly, but I've decided to use his departure as a way to restart my life.

Obviously this blog is a new beginning. I'm going to use it as a way to track my new life. I hope, anyways. Sometimes I say I'm going to do something and I do begin it, but the majority of the time I don't stick it through.

So here's the deal.

This blog will be used as my thought process, progress and anything else that goes with the struggle of losing weight. I will *try* to post daily accounts of my failures, success, frustrations, etc., you know, the horrors of diet and exercise.

Pictures?

Sure, why not.

So where to begin... Well, when I got back from the airport around 6:45am, I made some cinnamon-sugar toast (2 pieces). I was starving. Then I went to bed for about 3 hours.

When I awoke, I drank a Slim Rite. Yes, that'd be a SLIM RITE. The Kroger version of Slim Fast.

What are my plans today? I'm going to clean up my roommate's room a bit more (calorie burner hello!) and then what I really SHOULD do, is go sign up for that gym I've been procrastinating over.

What I REALLY want to do is use part of my tax money and head down to Tunica. But I may save that for another day. It's midday, so I'll do a follow up post on how my day went and if i followed through with my so-called plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment