Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Temptations of Fatties

So day one of my new approach to life was like a day in my old approach to life.

After starting said blog, I hit the bed to nap for three hours. After waking, I proceeded to clean out the departing roommate's room. Which took at least four hours.

Whoa boy did that give me a workout. I moved two heavy futon mattresses from upstairs to downstairs, vacuumed, then took two carloads full of trash to the dumpsters. I'm sure I went up and down the stairs (2 flights) 20 times.

What did I eat for the day? Well thank you for not asking.

I drank a slim rite, ate a slim fast snack bar (100 calories), drank a float flavored concoction of soda (diet, caffeine free Mountain Dew) & Ensure (Something Fox 13 Anchor Mearl Purvis showed me) and ate a leftover chicken BBQ meal (chicken, BBQ sauce, 3-pepper mixture, pineapple), the departing roommate made.

I also met with a potential roommate to takeover departing roommate's room and after that I watched some TV then took another nap.

All to wake up and go to work at 10pm to produce the 5am newscast on Good Morning Memphis.

This schedule change is bound to change up my eating, so for overnight snacking I brought apples & peanut butter, a handful of mixed nuts, a can of diet, caffeine free Mountain Dew & on my way home at 6:30am, I drank another one of these.

Now, one thing about the news industry.. there's always food. SOMEBODY ALWAYS BRINGS FOOD. This is a test. A show of willpower for the morbidly obese.

I'm glad to say them donuts right there.. did NOT succeed in luring me to their chocolaty goodness.

Now that's cleared up.. I have some more sleeping to do.

Hey, today, I'm most definitely joining the gym. I'M GOING TO DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment